Part-time 28 hours/week
$18.00-$20.00/hour + Benefits
About the role
Reporting to the Thrift Store Manager, the Thrift Store Donations Associate/Cashier works in the public drop-off/donations department and in the award-winning Grey Bears Thrift Store.
- Open and close donation center.
- Greet customers; accept donated items in a high-traffic environment.
- Evaluate and sort donations, assess quality, and assist customers with donation receipts.
- Price items per established store and organization guidelines and transport to sales floor.
- Complete sales operating a cash register including credit card transactions (training provided).
- Promote and ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of cash register operation and credit card processing machine a plus.
- Saturday and Sunday weekend shifts are required.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Ability to lift and transport 25 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Ability to perform essential physical job functions typically requiring bending, squatting, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects, pushing/pulling, reaching above shoulder level, and using fine finger movements with manual dexterity.
This is a regular part-time position 20-28 hours per week $18-20 per hour to start; employer paid sick and vacation benefits.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
or mail to:
2710 Chanticleer Ave
Santa Cruz, CA 95065.
Click here to download an employment application.
Grey Bears is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage the candidacy of professionals with diverse lived experiences and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin and ancestry, mental or physical disability status, age, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, perceived medical condition, protected veteran status, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, sexual orientation, reproductive health decision making, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.