Grey Bears by the numbers…
- Pounds of food delivered this year: 2,687,714
- How many meals that provides: 2,239,767
- Favorite foods in bags from member survey: berries, artichokes, apples, red leaf lettuce
- Number of hot meals served from our kitchen: 35,680
- Tons of material diverted through our thrift stores and three Recycling Centers: 7,895
- Number of volunteers this year: 569
- Annual volunteer hours: 63,977
- Value in dollars: $1,916,112
Grey Bears Thrift Store has received Santa Cruz Sentinel Reader’s Choice Awards the past three years, has been named Best Nonprofit and Best Thrift Store by readers of Good Times Weekly, received a Swellie Award for Best Nonprofit and Best Green Business by readers of Santa Cruz Waves Magazine. Grey Bears was named the Aptos Chamber of Commerce Organization of the year, received a Be the Difference award from the Volunteer Center, and was one of President George H.W. Bush’s Thousand Points of Light. Here’s a video for Grey Bears created by the Aptos Chamber for its Annual Awards Dinner:
For our staff directory click here.
For the Grey Bears Board of Directors click here.
2710 Chanticleer Ave
Santa Cruz CA 95065
Grey Bears is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Corporation, FEIN#: 94-2298681