Grey Bears by the numbers…
- Pounds of food delivered last year: 2,585,997
- How many meals that provides: 2,154,998
- Favorite foods in bags from member survey: berries, artichokes, apples, red leaf lettuce
- Number of hot meals served from our kitchen: 35,680
- Tons of material diverted through our thrift stores and three Recycling Centers: 9,095
- Number of volunteers in 2021: 635
- Amount of volunteer hours: 66,703
- Value in dollars: $1,997,754
Grey Bears Thrift Store has received Santa Cruz Sentinel Reader’s Choice Awards, has been named Best Nonprofit and Best Thrift Store by readers of Good Times, and received a Swellie Award for Best Nonprofit and Best Green Business by readers of Santa Cruz Waves Magazine. Grey Bears was one of President George H.W. Bush’s Thousand Points of Light for community service, voted Organization of the Year by the Aptos Chamber of Commerce community, and received a Be the Difference award from the Volunteer Center.
For our staff directory click here.
For the Grey Bears Board of Directors click here.
2710 Chanticleer Ave
Santa Cruz CA 95065
Grey Bears is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Corporation, FEIN#: 94-2298681